I’ve been very fortunate to have had some great teachers and mentors that have had a profound influence on my musical growth. They’ve all shared key traits that made them unique: a love and enthusiasm for music, a gift for communication and the ability to inspire the best in their students. I endeavour to carry these same qualities into my teaching.
- a complete beginner who wants to learn to play ‘that song‘?
- a parent looking to give your child the opportunity to learn music through the guitar?
- an intermediate/advanced guitarist looking for that kickstart to the next level?
One of the most frustrating things is a teacher who talks and talks but never listens. Having coached students towards their musical goals for years, I recognise that each person is different. Each person who comes to the guitar has very individual ideas about what they want to gain from music. My philosophy is that through clear instruction, the student is given the tools to fulfil their own musical aspirations.
Here are some examples of the flexible lesson plans you can take advantage of.
- Standard Sessions – weekly/fortnightly regular sessions for steady, consistent learning. Perfect for beginners and intermediate players who are interested in sustained learning. Learning guitar is like pushing a boulder down a hill, at first you push and push…but with the right approach you’ll soon find things rolling along at ever increasing speed.
- Drop-In Sessions – monthly/bi-monthly/6-monthly ‘hits’ specially designed for the guitarist who likes to do his own thing. I blow the lid off the topic, open lots and lots of doors, give you the tools to self-teach and then let you go explore. Just come back when you’re ready for more. A great choice for the advancing guitarist.
- Fast-Track Sessions – have you got a specific goal in mind but only a short time to get to it? Whether it’s an audition for a music school, an exam or a big gig, we’ll work together to develop precisely the right skills for the job.
I hope you can see that you can tailor your lessons to your own schedule, financial situation and commitment level. Just don’t blame me if you end up enjoying it way more than you thought you would!
If you’re interested in finding out more about how guitar lessons can work for you or if you’d like to set up an appointment, I can be personally contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop me a line and I’ll be happy to answer your questions,